Friday, March 21, 2008

Switzerland: snow globe of the world

Hello all! Can't talk long, partly because I'm using a Swiss keyboard and the letters are in different places on the keys (the z is in the y place, for example... verz annozing) and also because I don't want to hog the living room computer. Just wanted to let you all know that I made it alive, despite a two-hour delayed bus, an ATM that literally ate my debit card and necessitated a stayover in Geneva while I waited for the guy who could open the machine, and a train to Bern that was cancelled due to "an accident involving a passenger" ("suicide attempt, probably" said our Couchsurfing mom in Bern). Must go now- she's serving us schapps and Irish cream. Tomorrow's agenda includes visiting the Old Town of Bern, then catching an Easter day train to Gruyere, where they have an actual Swiss cheese factory! Two words for those of you who took science with Mr. Heslip: Cheesemaker video.


I'm never leaving Switzerland.

No comments: