Tuesday, April 29, 2008

SaraTV, broadcasting not-so-live from Europe

So I shelled out fifty bucks today for some 17-in-one-function memory card reader that the nice Swedish man at the Sony store assured me was the best product for me to buy to solve my uploading dilemmas, and now I can FINALLY share some visuals with you! Unforunately it was taking like three years to get the pictures up, so I focused on getting my videos uploaded instead.


That's right my friends, I've been making some home movies. They're in chunks because I have no means of editing, and you'll have to excuse the bad lighting and my general scruffy appearance, as well. We travelers become haggard after a week and a half on the road.


This first series of videos is from Tallinn, Estonia. There's a tower in the Old Town there that's part of a church from the Middle Ages, and visitors are still allowed to climb up it the old-fashioned way. Knowing me and my love of spiral staircases, this was obviously a must. Let's take a gander!










Then I undid all that good exercise by meeting up with my couchsurfer Marion and eating giant pancakes in Old Town. Oh well.


Now we move to my adventures onboard the MS Mariella, a charming cruise liner that took me from Helsinki, Finland to Stockholm, Sweden two days ago.




One more thing...




It took like five hours to get all this online... you better have appreciated it. I have to go to bed now because in the morning I'm catching a train to Oslo, Norway, but I'll have details and pictures of Stockholm up soon. Later dudes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, from the homeland - your cat is crazy. She has been chasing imaginary things around the house for about an hour now, at high speed. P.S. That HEY part - your brother just yelled that at Belle when he discovered her on the counter trying to puncture a hole in a bag of deli ham; he is making a ham, onion, and egg thing. Not a meat pancake, though that intrigues me. Did you get the recipe?

Second, that is hardly steerage! Attached bath, fancy curtains. When Grandma and I took the ferry from Italy to Greece circa 1985 across whatever little sea is there (so ignorant I am) we had spartan accommodations with a porthole for a window. Just a comment about the pillows, if you showed up and the person in the cabin had used up all the pillows, you would be cootied out! Lucky you were alone! Sounds like a fun time. Wish I were there. :(

Anonymous said...

I just saw that this noted my post time as 4:10 AM - it is only 10:13 PM here. I am not some zombie of the night....

Erin Nicole said...

YAY! You're alive...and video blogging....yay! Enjoy that historical fiction, homey.